Thursday, August 20, 2009

Calypso's Flowering

Once I make a piece a typically have a bunch of ideas to use some of the same materials and techniques. In this case, obsession with sea shells! So after Posidon's Daughter, I've made Calypso's Flowering.

Materials:
Poly clay, copper,pressed Czech glass leaves, seed beads, faceted Czech fire polished beads, teardrop stone (not sure what the stone is. If anyone can identify that would be great!). And of course a sea shell as the base.
It measures approximately 4 inches from bail to end of the drop.

2 comments:

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

I don't think I've ever seen such interesting use made of a seashell - love it!

Lola D said...

Thank you!
I started it yesterday afternoon. Finished it last night. Posted it today. Sold it about 25 minutes ago!!! I have to ship it out tomorrow.